Rebirth

Filed under: by: Aaron Price on Saturday, August 6, 2011 @ 1:27 AM

So a lot has happened in the 2.5 years since my last post. The silence was caused mainly by my dissertation topic changing to something that has nothing to do with stereoscopy. But I'm now done with that, have graduated, had a child and received a promotion at work. But stereoscopy never left my mind or heart. And I also recently got an NSF award to spend the next 3 years doing research on stereoscopy in museum settings. More on that later...

2.5 years may not seem like a long time. But in the world of consumer electronics it is an eternity. Read some of these old blog posts. They mention "an upcoming movie called Avatar". Who knew that it would go on to become the highest grossing film of all time? Now 3D is everywhere. But mostly it's not very good.

That first stereoscopy research paper was published in the meantime. And I did some pilot work on my original dissertation topic. I'll share that research here as well. Stay tuned!

0 comments: