3-D is the new green

Filed under: , by: Aaron Price on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 @ 10:45 PM

Some short cuts:
I was at Target this week trying to decide between the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Cowabunga Carl Van and the $200 book about Calculus when I stumbled across the gem on the right. An actual 3D t-shirt. At least, I think it is. I'm not quite sure. The tag didn't say anything on it other than something about green, as in the cliche "eco-green" every marketer is going crazy about these days. I wish I had a pair of anaglyphs on me to check it out. Happily, I did have el iPhone, hence the pic. Click to embiggen.


There will be a 3-D anaglyph commercial during the superbowl this Sunday, I think during the first quarter. I have yet to see the LifeWater displays where you can get the glasses, though. From the screen shot it seems to be well designed so that you can "enjoy" the commercial sans glasses.

And, finally, the first 3-D movie that I actually think will treat 3-D as art instead of a gimmick. Coming in March.

While continuing to edit my first stereoscopic paper, I found a reference that claimed stereoscopy increased performance at the beginning of a learning task rather than towards the end. The theory is that it is good for giving a general overview of material/structure, but is not so good for detail. If true, then it would agree with my application of cognitive load theory. But it was just one paper and one study. I may play around with it in my piot study this spring to see if there is something to it.

0 comments: